Dual-frequency ADS-B “In” Receiver and SiriusXM® Satellite Link
- Receive SiriusXM Aviation satellite weather and digital audio entertainment¹ plus subscription-free ADS-B U.S. datalink weather² and traffic
- ADS-B “dual-link” traffic with TargetTrend™ and TerminalTraffic™ technology4
- Wireless connectivity to Garmin Pilot™ and ForeFlight apps as well as select Garmin portables
- Provides GPS position data, backup attitude5 and more
- Receive the first three-months of a monthly subscription to the SiriusXM Pilot Preferred aviation weather package and the SiriusXM All Access audio programming package at no cost with GDL 52
Providing an easy-to-use and completely portable aviation satellite link, the compact GDL 52 combines SiriusXM coverage — accessible from ground or air — with the subscription-free weather and traffic features of an ADS-B “In” datalink. Together, these 2 network link technologies bring a world of safety-enhancing features — plus access to more than 150 channels of digital-quality music, news, sports and other entertainment programming — directly to your cockpit. Better still, you can use our Connext® wireless connectivity to stream this information onto compatible Garmin aviation portables and mobile apps, such as Garmin Pilot or ForeFlight. So you get more access — on more devices — without spending more money.
Spot Potential Traffic Threats
To aid in situational awareness, GDL 52 can also receive ADS-B position reports directly from other aircraft in your vicinity. In the U.S., 2 frequencies (978 UAT and 1090 ES) are approved by the FAA for ADS-B broadcasts, so GDL 52 offers access to both frequencies. This allows you to see the most comprehensive view of all ADS-B “Out” equipped targets in your vicinity. Your compatible display4 will alert you by announcing traffic targets both audibly and visually. Spoken audio alerts announce “Traffic, Traffic” to get you looking right away.