AERO 553 Panel Mount Digital Multi-Function CO Detector
Panel CO Detector with Digital Clock / Timer & Cabin Pressure Warning.
Contact 306-244-4252 for Pricing and Availability.
The AERO 553-101-001 Multi-Function Carbon Monoxide (CO) detector is a panel mounted TSO Certified unit designed especially for use in both FAA certified aircraft and experimental aircraft. Designed to fit in, and replace a standard 2.25” (2 1/4”) standard instrument panel clock, the AERO 553 gives you a full set of clock, timer, temperature, cabin and density altitude functions along with highly accurate and extremely fast CO detection and PPM readings within the cockpit on an easy-to-read LCD display.
- Carbon Monoxide Detection: The AERO 553 will detect and display true CO levels from 30ppm to 999ppm for real-time tracking of Carbon Monoxide in the cockpit. The 553 will alarm if the CO level exceeds 50-70 ppm for more than 5 minutes or will provide an instant alarm if CO spikes above 300ppm within one minute.
- Clock Function: Displays Local Time and Zulu Time in a 24 hour format.
- Flight Timer: Flight Timer starts automatically on take off when 150 ft above runway level. It can also be started manually.
- Stop Watch: Stop watch function allows you to time any segment of your flight.
- Inside / Outside Air Temp: Keeps track of inside and outside air temperature in both Fahrenheit and Celsius. (Requires AERO 553-500 OAT Probe)
- Battery Voltage: Receive an instant alert when battery voltage drops / rises above pre-set levels for 14 / 28 V systems.
- Cabin Altitude: Monitors cabin altitude and sounds an alert when you climb above 10,000 ft , 12,500 ft, and above 14,000 ft. This alert provides the pilot a reminder to equip supplemental oxygen as required.
- Density Altitude: The density altitude is indicated based on the absolute pressure and OAT. (Requires AERO 553-500 OAT Probe)
- RS-232 Output: Indications/Alerts may be configured to display on select 3rd party avionics products (contact Guardian Avionics for updated list)
- Remote Annunciator Light: A Remote Annunciator Light may be installed and connected for CO alert and Altitude alert in a visible position when the AERO 553 is mounted out of plain sight.